BLOG Imagination and Distributed Learning

Shakespeare Playbills: Progress Report

For my first playbills, I compared a regular version with one that contains three WebAR components. The WebAR components consisted of three images, including a character map. I learned that a character map that shows the relationship of the characters is superior to a regular list. Additionally, I found that three WebAR components is too much. The AR became distracting. Two is a good number, which I set for my next iterations.

For my next version of Richard III, I improved upon my character map that I created in Miro. I separated my playbill into beginning, intermission, and reflection sections. The playbill guides the reader throughout the entire experience. Scanning the middle image shows a 3D model of the Tower of London.

The second playbill for The Tempest contains a similar format, but a short video about the significance of the play instead of a 3D model. For my user testing, I learned that a video is not very helpful. The user may simply read the text. Instead, having a video of me reading the information out loud would be entertaining. The user enjoyed the 3D model of the Tower of London greatly. The character maps should be bigger. Lastly, I can include a third image in the empty sections of the playbills, even if the images do not lead to AR experiences.